Thursday, March 31, 2011

BAD BUD


What it should look like
 Life has always thrown me curveballs and this year is no different.  I am not as financially fit as I used to be, so in an attempt to do things myself, I have come to realize that I am and expert of nothing.

My first attempt at cooking a 5 star meal didn’t go so well.
Lets start with the item I chose.  Spaghetti squash.  Spaghetti squash is part of the winter squash family, it comes in colors of pale yellow to ivory.  When you cut it open, use a fork to scrape through the flesh so the squash separates into long spaghetti-like strands, hence the name.  The crisp texture and mild flavor tastes great in any pasta as well as on its own because of its ability to absorb flavor.


I decided to make my own creation of spaghetti and meatballs.

1 Spaghetti squash
1 can of diced tomatos
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
1 T. oregano
1 t. salt and pepper
2 T. Italian spices
2 turkey patties
Microwave
Frying Pan
Baking Pan

Things started out great.  I took the two turkey patties an threw them in the microwave to thaw, then put the patties on a frying pan and cooked until brown.  I chopped up the cooked meat and strained the fat, proceeded to add everything but the spaghetti squash.  Once my sauce was heated I put the Spaghetti squash in the baking dish and poured the sauce on top.  I felt a need for cheese so I found some pizza hut packets of parmesan cheese in the cabinet and thought, why not.
You see I am doing everything without recipe directions.  How hard could this be?
I put my beautiful creation in the oven at 350 and let it bake.

I went downstairs and started playing video games.  Apparently I passed out. I woke up 2 hrs later to the smoke alarm.  To my dismay the dish was destroyed!  It has been 1 week and I still can't get the burnt food off my pan.  I guess I am not a chef.


The burnt pan

Next week I attempt to install a cd player to my truck.  Wish me luck.