Monday, July 11, 2011

SALSA SPECTACULAR


After the incident with squash, I said the next post was going to be about a new cd player, but turns out you can pay friends to clip wires for you, so the homeboy did his magic and the stereo was installed no problem, Plus, Sticking to encounters with food will be more fun.



In my attempts to become a foodie, I have gained some new culinary tricks, I discovered a clever contraption while doing training for a new job.  Yes people I am finally working in the food business again!  The job is similar to the *shamwow guy*, but I'm much prettier.  Also, Instead of cleaning up messes I get to make them.  I know what you may be thinking this girl is just self-promoting to make some money.  Yes, I am poor and do work on a commission only basis (hint, hint wink, wink) anyway back to the machine I discovered or the machine that discovered me.




The Chef's Rival!!!  This thing is amazing!!  It is a very special machine with heavy-duty blades that can cut everything from vegetables to cooked meats ten to twenty times faster than by hand.  I can separate my eggs for egg white omelets for breakfast. It can wash my delicate berries and herbs and when it’s time for dinner, I can whip a wonderful desert like strawberry mouse or a shake.  It is AMAZING.  Since I've gotten this machine my diet has completely changed I'm eating healthy for the first time in years.   I have already lost 5 lbs!!!  That's a lot considering I don't work out anymore.  I recommend any person who lives an active lifestyle and doesn’t want to spend time in the kitchen over their gourmet meals to purchase this machine.  Like I said before I do work on commission and if you want to purchase you need to reply on your interest and we can figure a way for you to get one if you are not in the greater Denver area.  I am doing my demonstrations locally and if you would like to catch a show please contact me for dates and times.  I do appreciate any help I can get, as I am a poor college student trying to pay for my tuition.

The Chef's Rival is famous for its 60 second Salsa Fresca.  I thought this would be a great way to introduce you to one of the many flavorful and nutritious meals this machine offers.

Ingredients
2     medium size ripe tomatoes
1/4 medium size onion
4 sprigs cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 jalapeno (1/3 for mild, 2/3 for medium, all for hot and spicy

Directions
Put all the ingredients in your Euro-Gourmet Chef's Rival and mix to consistency desired.  Euro-Gourmet Chef's Rival spins make finer cuts.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Personal tip:  I like to boil the skin off of my tomatoes add a little honey to sweeten.


Please feel free to let me know of any tips you may have on making a great salsa.