Monday, February 3, 2014

Good deed?

The path of life is not always easy and sometimes a bit of help can push you in the right direction.

 I was driving up to the city a few days ago and saw a person walking on the highway in the cold (I jumped in the back seat just in case he was a criminal).  He was a young man coming all the way from Virginia looking to meet natives and learn the culture.  He offered us bread and fudge as payment (we never not accept).  While driving into town we offer him places that he can go for help or even work for food.  When we drop him off he doesn't go into the store that we tell him can offer guidance to places that can help, so I figure it is because he may be ashamed although his presence is of a clean cut nature.  I tell my mom to turn around and that I will offer him shelter until monday.  So then we take him to the Cabellas where he can pick himself up a cheap sleeping bag and then took him to a chinese buffet so he can eat.  When we ate at the buffet I ask him several questions about his age, family, why he is doing what he's doing and he seems to be fourth-coming.  It was a style of life that I heard of before, you know the type to work on organic farms and learning about other religions.  I told him of several places in California that offer living accommodations for making hiking trails and even offer to ask someone I know who offers a cabin in the woods in repayment of watching their winter home. (I hope this man gets back to me soon.) We go to the grocery store and I ask him what he wants to eat while here and he was ok with all the fruits and veggies I purchased plus he was a vegan so I got him some versions of that sort of food too.  We bring him back to our home and he is very humble, I give him a couch to sleep on in my living room.  He just went to bed. (I left some pills out to see if he would take them, he didn't so I know he isn't a druggie :) ) The next morning I say hello, tell him to shower, and then he leaves to walk around the town.  He comes back for an hour and then leaves again.  I didn't bother to ask what he was doing. It seems as if our communication has reached a dead point. I have nothing in common with him. It was superbowl sunday so Im watching the big game in my downstairs living room and even offer him some bud but he doesn't smoke.  At this point it is feeling awkward. He would go upstairs for long periods of time so I went up there cause I was a bit iffy about him up there so long but my mother locked her room and he was nowhere to be found, so then I felt comfortable.  He comes back during the last half of the superbowl and we watch in silence.  He continues to write in his journal and I am doing some beadwork.  But the show New Girl comes on (my absolute favorite)!! and he asks me to change the channel but I said it was my favorite show then he says the joke they made about panties makes his mind corrupt.  Then Im thinking WTF oh shit I have some weirdo church guy staying with me.  I don't want to be one to judge for his beliefs but I continue to watch the show. He goes upstairs and pretty much chills in the upstairs living room for most of the night. I just went into my room and put a block on the door (just in case).  So now it is the next morning and I get up and go to the restroom but then I see a shadow going toward my room so I open the door and he is standing there.  It was just weird because he made a comment about how cold my room was. (so why would he be going into my room? hence the block on the door when I slept).  Im in my room now because I don't want to have some awkward conversation about god.  I want to take a shower but I hope he doesn't come into my room.  I am always one for helping, especially because he was wearing a red lumbar jack shirt so I thought it was a sign that I needed to save him.    I won't be doing this again. I think I will only help people I know personally or work in a shelter to help them. I cannot trust anyone enough around these parts.   Maybe personal issues but you never know in a place like this.   I would still like to find him a warm place to sleep I just can't have a stranger in my home.

Im just frustrated because he says there is no community of homeless to help. I gave him a place for two days.  It is fucking monday and nice out.  Go get a fucking job. Mother fucker is sleeping on the couch.  I need my living room to get my beadwork for sale made. fuck.   He would probably have a better chance than me.  We are in a church town.

  I have professional experience but still can't get hired.  I literally walked through this whole fucking town and hand wrote my damn applications, its me so apparently I don't need a job.